OS X Lion has a new feature with their Terminal app which allows you to blur the background. This is a cool feature because seeing through the terminal is convenient to see what other windows you have running, but you don’t really want pixel perfect accuracy as it can become distracting from the foreground. Enable this feature to get the blurred background, which looks great with the Pro interface.
Here are the steps to make your terminal background blurred:
- Open up Terminal and open the preferences (Cmd + ,)
- Click the settings tab (it if isn’t already open)
- Select the theme you would like to use (current theme is selected)
- Click the Window tab for the theme
- Click the background color picker graphic
- Your theme may already have an opacity less than 100%, if not, set it
- Now, adjust the Blur to a nice amount (perhaps 20%)
- Enjoy your new background blur!