Just to wrap up the week of FL Studio Tutorials, here is a list of free VST instruments and effects which you can integrate into your FL Studio program.
Simply extract the .DLL file from these downloads into the following directory on your computer:
[x32] C:Program FilesVstPlugins [x64] C:Program Files (x86)VstPlugins
Once you’ve got the files added, you’ll do the following steps to add your new VST to FL Studio:
- Instrument - Channels (main toolbar) | Add one | More | Refresh | Recommended | Then select the discovered instruments (in red)
- Effect - Instrument Dropdown (in mixer) | More | Refresh | Recommended | Then select the discovered effects (in red)
Free VST Directories
One of my favorite set of instruments and effects to download are the kILLERZ provided by NOVAkILL. These instruments and effects are perfect for creating sound effects with a gritty, dirty, industrial sound to them.
Here is a large directory of VST instruments over at Audio Masterminds organized by categories. I can’t vouch for every one of them, but it is a nice collection.
Free VST Instruments
Here is a list of free VST instruments effects that you can use in FL Studio or any other Intel based DAW application.
- SNIP – Virtual Analog Synth
- Microgram M1 – Virtual Analog Synth with a nice segmented interface
- SynthMaster – Additive synthesizer
- Darkness Theory – Depressing, dark ambient synth
Free VST Effects
Here is a list of free VST effects that you can use in FL Studio or any other Intel based DAW application.
- Glitch – This is my favorite effect, great for glitching your audio in any way imaginable!