A Holistic Approach to MicroservicesDistributed Systems with Node.js, O'Reilly 2020, has been published!
NOTE: The name of this book has been changed to Advanced Microservices and it has been published through Apress.
Based on my recent focus on the world of Microservices I've decided to write a new book. The working title is “A Holistic Approach to Microservices” and as you can guess it covers a large amount of information.
That link will put you on a mailing list that I'll update when the book is ready. I'll also occasionally mail out a presentation or article I write on the subject of Microserivces.
Here's a list of some of the topics this book will cover (holistic, indeed!)
- Properly abstracting resources
- Debugging HTTP traffic
- HTTP methods, response codes, headers
- How to represent errors consistently
- JSON vs MessagePack vs XML
- Automated testing
- Containerization with Docker
- Container Orchestration with Kubernetes
- Designing a build pipeline with Jenkins
- Automated PR testing with Travis CI
- Service Discovery with Consul
- Dynamic Loadbalancing with HAProxy
- API Versioning
- Two vs Three Legged Authorization
- Specifying permissions with OAuth
- Handling rate limtiing
- Logging with the ELK Stack
- Cross-Service request tracking
- Analytics with Grafana and StatsD
- How to write good documentation
- Cross-Team collaboration
- How to use Postman,
curl | jq